Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Cinnamon Buttermilk Biscuits

Published by Lauren's Latest at 7:34 PM



For the time being, I am internetless :( BUT, only until the end of the week! We are just about all unpacked into our beautiful cozy new apartment. We love it, especially the location. I am half a block to the park and only 3 blocks to downtown! I love just about everything--except our road is on a hill and coming home pushing a stroller kind of sucks. Besides that, its GREAT!

Now, about these biscuits: My husband and I are carboholics. We can down this entire recipe between the two of us. I was experimenting 10ish months ago with biscuit recipes and this is what came of it! I've been making these ever since that experimental day. I dropped some by to my neighbor at the time who had just had a little girl. She absolutely loved them and now makes them all the time for her friends and family. Moral of the story: these are delicious and comforting. I love 'em. Just like any biscuit recipe, you'll want to use cold butter and cold buttermilk. Also, you can roll these out and cut them into circles or do the drop method. Either way, you'll get around 12. Make these for someone you love and they are sure to love you back!


Cinnamon Buttermilk Biscuits
yield: 12

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup cold butter
1 cup buttermilk (plus 1 or 2 tablespoons)

Directions:
Mix all dry ingredients together in large bowl. Cut in cold butter until its the size of small peas. Stir in buttermilk until batter is all moist. Cut into 12 biscuits or drop onto greased baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment